Spay and Neuter
- We strongly encourage having your pet spayed or neutered.
- Pets that have been spayed or neutered tend to live longer and healthier lives and it can help decrease the rate of some cancers.
- Pets can develop masses at any age and in any location. Mass removals are intended to remove unwanted or potentially cancerous growths from your pet.
- We usually recommend sending out the masses for histopathology (microscopic examination of tissue) to diagnosis and develop individualized treatment plans.
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Soft tissue surgery includes a wide variety of procedures that is not joint or bone related.
- We perform all types of soft tissue surgeries, ranging from minimally invasive procedures to complex surgical reconstructions.
- The following are some of the most common soft tissue surgical procedures that we perform:
- Abdominal exploratory
- Foreign bodies
- Cystotomy (bladder stones)
- Hernia repair
- Gastropexy (tacking the stomach to prevent “bloat”)
- To help minimize discomfort and maximize quality of life, it is incredibly important to monitor a pet’s eye health regularly and to seek care if symptoms begin to develop.
- The following are some of the most common Ophthalmology surgical procedures that we perform:
- Enucleation (removal of the eyeball)
- Entropion/ Ectropion (inward or outward rolling of the eyelid)
- Cherry Eye
- Depending on your pet’s species, size, age and breed, the type of orthopedic condition, we can develop a specific and individualized orthopedic plan for your pet.
- We offer a wide range of treatment and management options to help improve your pet’s mobility and to help improve your pet’s overall quality of life.
- The following are some of the most common Orthopedic procedures that we perform:
- FHO (Femoral Head Ostectomy)
- Leg pinning
- Leg Plating
- Tail Amputations
Your Pet’s Surgery
Prior to your pet’s surgery, we will call you to complete a Surgical Check-In. On the day of your pet’s surgery, you will drop off your pet between 7:30 am -8:30 am that morning. Your pet’s safety is very important to us and prior to any procedure, your pet will be given a through physical exam. Then we will develop an individualized anesthetic protocol for your pet to ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable before, during, and after surgery.
As part of our multi-modal approach for analgesia, we will administer pre-operative pain management and anti-nausea medications. A small section of fur will be clipped on your pet’s front leg to facilitate placing an IV catheter. During surgery, your pet will be intubated and gas anesthesia is used to reach a safe level of anesthesia. Throughout the procedure, there is always a registered veterinary technician and veterinarian monitoring the anesthesia, heart rate, respiration rate, and pulse oximetry.
We will call you once your pet’s procedure is over and they are in recovery. At this time we will also set up a pick-up time and go over Home Care Instructions. Petplex Animal Hospital uniquely offers post-surgical laser therapy, which helps with post-operative surgical care and enhanced wound and surgical healing.
We offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology. All patients are carefully screened for optimal surgical safety using pre-anesthetic bloodwork, physical exams before any procedure, and anesthetic protocols tailored to your pet. Surgical services and facilities include fully-trained veterinary and technical staff, a specific surgical suite, extensive monitoring equipment, and the use of a surgical and therapeutic laser.
Lasers are a minimally invasive alternative to traditional surgery. Lasers replace scalpels in many procedures and are helpful for many functions, such as mass removals and spay and neuter procedures. Laser procedures result in reduced pain, bleeding, and swelling. They also reduce the risk of infection, resulting in less postoperative discomfort and faster recovery time.
Petplex Animal Hospital has a state-of-the-art therapy laser. Laser therapy is a non-invasive, drug, and surgery-free modality that effectively treats various conditions, including pre-surgical, post-surgical, chronic arthritis, traumatic injuries, and many more! Laser therapy can also enhance tissue repair, decrease inflammation and pain, and accelerate healing. And did we mention cute eyewear?
Veterinary Services in Buckeye Lake, OH
At Petplex Animal Hospital we provide complete veterinary services for your pets, assisting our animal patients and their families with the greatest diagnostic, medicinal, and surgical techniques.
On The Spot Surgery